Connection to mains, via Henley block Advice please!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay reached that stage now where I will be commissioning the installation.

Still waiting for PME to be fitted!!!!

The installation has a Henley block :confused: do i still need the 'fuse faries' to

pull the main fuse or can I connect straight to the Henley (with extreme

caution) if I can is there any particular order in which it should be done.

Your ever useful comments always appreciated

Sponsored Links
Is this your property or someone elses.

From what I have read It is one of your first jobs for some one else.

Not being patronising but I would not go down that road of live connecting.
Learn the right way from the start.

I have been in the trade a few years,
but recently had a live short and nearly burnt the building down.
That was not even by touching the supply cables.

If you done something like that, and was proved to have caused it by what you proposed, you would be in serious trouble.

Sponsored Links
I appreciate that you are new to the game and asking lots of questions in trying to get things right.

You have a legal duty under Electricity at Work Regs not to work live unless absolutely necessary.

You can always totally ignore this and work live on the Henleys but if you have a momentary slip up the questions can get interesting. I've never had any questions about missing seals.

In this case it isn't necessary as you can pull the fuse and if you feel like it reseal with seals off EBay or some that most DNO people will let you have if you ask or bribe with a bacon butty. Contractors for EDF recently had two bag fulls on one of my jobs and happened to "forget" to take one bag away with them.

Just make sure that you have everything you need to pull a main fuse that probably hasn't moved for years and may not like moving too much. Always de-energise before you pull.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back