TT to PME

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I need some advice on changing my supply from TT to PME please. After several pointless calls to my service provider I am none the wiser. They advised me that PME was available in my area, asked if I had a plastic fuse holder (which I do), and told me I could do it myself!? I am a qualified Domestic Installer, but my remit surely doesnt allow me to work on their side of the CU. Does any of this make sense?
Any response greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mike.

Sponsored Links
you are not permitted to do it yourself.

I recomend you send a short letter to the address on your bill, requesting conversion to PME. You do not need to send it to the company that wil do the work; your supplier is responsible for knowing to to pass it to.

Quote your suctomer/acount number, and Meterpoint number if you know it (should be on the bill) as well as ful address and postcode of the installation.

from my experience in the Electricity Supply industry, I can say that letters are carefully tracked and passed on until they reach someone who can deal with them. they are not easily fobbed off or mishandled like phone calls can be.

If you get a reply as stupid as your phone call got, you can make a formal complaint, and having it in writing will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back