TT supply or PME Given the Option !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am trying to find out if there a down side at all to a PME system in comparison to a TT system, I have got the option of changing and did not know if there was a downside, I heard that RCD's have a tendency to trip more often but was not sure if this was the case. Also is there any harm in using earth rods in conjunction with a PME system.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would say the offer of a free PME is a definate yes.

Also I think you are less likeley to have RCD problems with a PME simply as you don't need as many as you would on a TT supply.

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
I would say the offer of a free PME is a definate yes.

Also I think you are less likeley to have RCD problems with a PME simply as you don't need as many as you would on a TT supply.

Thanks RF, so in your opinion, the different earth setup would not trip, lets say the same RCD on both systems any more on the PME if you were for instants going to keep the same RCD setup in the CU!

Have a think about how an RCD works and what it ids for and then you'll have your answer.

If you've got a leakage fault greater than the trip ciurrent then the RCD will trip TNCS, TNS or TT.

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back