Little Dip in the fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As shown in the images I have little 'dip' in my side fence (currently tied with rope) which is an ungated property next to mine. This small dip gate is 1 meter wide but its currently stand as a dip to otherwise straight boundary. that gate is of low height and I am seeing it as a security issue as recently an Amazon driver decided to enter my property by jumping that gate..

Owner of that property is not seen for years, so easily available. I looked at all property documents no gate or dip in any documents. My understanding is many many years both had same owner that is the reason to have this easy access.

Can I just close it off completely..? Remove dip and straighten that fence..?
Anyone with similar rural property experience here..? Help please
gate.png
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-03 at 00.29.42 (1).jpeg

Sponsored Links
If you are on very good terms with your neighbour they may agree to your proposal , otherwise it could work out very expensive if you just go ahead .

Sponsored Links
Just keep the gate somewhere for a year or so, then you can put it back if needs be.
However as said, if there are written no right of way or access issues then just close it up.

"It's easier to apologise than ask permission" so leave the neighbour out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back