Live 8.... Fecking Hypocracy!!

FWL_Engineer said:
jasy said:

Pot calling kettle black I think Jasy.

If you are really nieve enough to think a series of concerts by self promoting multi millionaire singers and whingers will make one iota of difference to the worlds poorest people then good luck to you, but I can assure you it will not.

Cancelling the debt and Fair Trade are certainly ways to go to help, but it will take many generations to overcome these problems in Africa and other parts of the world. Until the West stops interferring and certainl Black leaders stop using famine as a way to control their populations to remain in power then nothing in Africa will ever change.

The leaders who will be attending the G8 meeting will have already decided what they are going to do in essence, and that will be whatever serves their political ambitions and agenda the most. They care no more about the worlds poor that you or I do about paint drying.

I do not think that but at least they are trying something rather than coming on here and moaning. Walkers and Talkers and you are obviously the latter. Full of hot air and moans but missing the real point.

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
..........And the fact that so many people couldnt get home afterwards.....didnt they know that London closes at 11?....
:mrgreen:

Surely not?? .. I mean, Tone says that we need the pubs 'n clubs open 24 hrs but not in Downing st or anywhere else he may reside. NIMBY !!
:D :D

Blair and Brown really have jumped on the band-wagon with this one haven't they! And Bob Geldof and us Brits actually believe they are making every effort to sort ALL Africas problems out - sure takes the heat off the ever increasing sad state of affairs that is IRAQ and Afgahnistan :rolleyes: and the increasing feeling that they don't listen to us :rolleyes: I want them to listen to more important (to me and my young family) issues than Africa like the increasing tax stealth or otherwise which keeps those Beurocrats in work :evil: :evil:

LOL the way things are going what with the decreasing technical knowledge/skills shortages in this country and degrees in every subject, the closing of big businesses like Rover / Index / Marconi?? then we have to help other countries as well which can't get their own act together (plenty of leaders in Africa could do MUCH more than we are doing but are not :evil: :evil: ) give it 20 years or so and China and Africa will be holding concerts for us :eek:

Just out of interest - is what I hear true that Madonna's Album sales are estimated to increase by 200% after that performance? If true will any of that money go where it most certainly should?
My observations of her on stage after five minutes that poor African Women looked a little uncomfortable on her own while Madona was singing ME ME ME why didn't Madonna or someone at least lead her off instead of leaving her there like a muppet? - Oh and what was Madonna's highlight of the day? The Office bloke? Sorry for picking on Madonna they were all the same in my eyes anyway feel a bit better for that now :D

masona said:
Couldn't agreed more specially when their record sales pick up again after the concert. Sir Paul is the richest pop star in the world with nearly 1 billion pounds which he could never spent it, so what the point of having it?
well maybe if Sir paul was to give all his wealth to them poor people he'd be happier :D but then again his misses would probably leave him if he did'nt have the dosh :D well he aint a looker is he but then Linda would be proud of him from the grave, cos she was a nice kind veggie type, I met him once on Wogan in the green room, my daughter was on with Linda and she gave us her cook book, I told him that my granny liked him but that I prefered John which went down like a sack of shti, the cook book is rubbish but I guess it'll be worth something one day. :D its a funny ole world.

Sponsored Links
jasy said:
I do not think that but at least they are trying something rather than coming on here and moaning. Walkers and Talkers and you are obviously the latter. Full of hot air and moans but missing the real point.

What is the point then Jasy?????

What have I said, and others on here that misses the point Mr Expert on life? I have been to Africa, and 47 other third world countries, so I think I certainly have far better insight that you on this subject, but would never claim to know all the answers.

Richardp said:
masona said:
Couldn't agreed more specially when their record sales pick up again after the concert. Sir Paul is the richest pop star in the world with nearly 1 billion pounds which he could never spent it, so what the point of having it?
well maybe if Sir paul was to give all his wealth to them poor people he'd be happier :D but then again his misses would probably leave him if he did'nt have the dosh :D well he aint a looker is he but then Linda would be proud of him from the grave, cos she was a nice kind veggie type, I met him once on Wogan in the green room, my daughter was on with Linda and she gave us her cook book, I told him that my granny liked him but that I prefered John which went down like a sack of shti, the cook book is rubbish but I guess it'll be worth something one day. :D its a funny ole world.

I don't know how some of these people have the cheek to stand there and talk about poverty. When linda died I seem to remember her dosh was in some kind of tax avoidance scheme which was set up in new York.

The only truthful opinion of this event (that I heard)came from one of the Gallagher brothers, when asked if Oasis would be performing. No messing about reply was, f*** off, come back when you get rid of the corrupt leaders over there and also the bent people(or words to that effect!) at the top of the charities who are milking them.

Couldn't of put it better myself.

9.8 million average audience, thats a lot less than live aid. 4 boats turn up in france and no-ones there for sail 8 (idiotic idea in the extreme anyway) pink floyds album sales go up by 1347%, etc etc. Has it changed anything no i dont think so, apart from giving certain people a fel good factor of doing something until the next time.

African policies are made by africans, not the west. Shut the borders to africa and you have the potential for the richest continent in the world, free from external trade pressures and restrictions.

Colnel gaddafi, mad maybe but at the african nations conference today told african countries to stop begging and sort out their own problems.

Now im all for help, but in the right way, and to be honest it all seems a little holier than though that we stoop down to help the poor african man, who cant do anything for himself.

FWL_Engineer said:
jasy said:

What is the point then Jasy?????

What have I said, and others on here that misses the point Mr Expert on life? I have been to Africa, and 47 other third world countries, so I think I certainly have far better insight that you on this subject, but would never claim to know all the answers.

Oh do you oh travelled one. What i am trying to say is that it is alright to moan about things but at least there are others (rightly or wrongly) who are trying to do good and do something pro-active. As for your travel record it does not impress me as i have travelled twice as much as you, and you paid for it all Mr taxpayer;) ;) I enjoyed putting that one in as i know how much you hate your taxes wasted!! :LOL: Ahh memories of Sweetwater lodge in Kenya or was it the 5* hotel in Zambia, no the sunrise in the Sudan........ahh the memories, thanks Mr Engineer :LOL: By the way Africa is a continent Mr well educated!! :LOL:

FWL_Engineer. You have some valid points BUT on one issue you are talking total round things. Phill Collins, tallentless? :eek: Shame on you.

With all the money you save from NOT giving to Africa, I implore you to go out and get a copy of "Trick of the Tail" and listen to it. Absolute genius.

Just because a musician jumps on the bandwagon to get himself a bit more pulicity, doesn't mean he's tallentless. All sucessfull artists, need the drive to do tasteless things, now and again, to maintain their public image. It doesn't mean thier musical ability should be discarded.

Personally, I'm of the firm opinion that, if Nelson Mandella brought out an album, with backing vocals supplied by Mother Teresa of Calcuta, Mahatma Ghandi and Isac Newton, it would sound absolute pants. It wouldn't cause me to totally gobshite thier other achievements though.

OK I have to admit that Goboff has only that song about Monday to his credit, but PHILL COLINS! Missguided maybe, but talentless? Never :evil:

FWL probably used the wrong word in talentless, the word boring springs to mind ;)

kendor said:
FWL probably used the wrong word in talentless, the word boring springs to mind ;)

stop describing yourself :LOL: just a joke .....relax ;)

jasy said:
kendor said:

stop describing yourself :LOL: just a joke .....relax ;)
boring maybe but unfortunately i don't have his money :(

jasy said:
Oh do you oh travelled one. What i am trying to say is that it is alright to moan about things but at least there are others (rightly or wrongly) who are trying to do good and do something pro-active. As for your travel record it does not impress me as i have travelled twice as much as you, and you paid for it all Mr taxpayer;) ;) I enjoyed putting that one in as i know how much you hate your taxes wasted!! :LOL: Ahh memories of Sweetwater lodge in Kenya or was it the 5* hotel in Zambia, no the sunrise in the Sudan........ahh the memories, thanks Mr Engineer :LOL: By the way Africa is a continent Mr well educated!! :LOL:

I do agree with the point you make to a degree, at least these people have raised awareness of the issues that need to be addressed, however these people have the influence to do this, and none have given up any of their fortunes. Bono said in an interview

"I believe passionately in finding a solution to the Malaria issue in Africa. Experts say that as little as an extra £260 Million would address all the problems created by Malaria for the next decade, that is simply an extra £26 Million a year"

It is this hypocrasy that makes me puke, this guy could easily contribute £26 million a year from his own pocket, he would not suffer as a result, but he would then have good cause to critisise others for not helping. I can assure you that if I was in his position I would certainly hand over the £26 Million required, I have seen first hand the harm that Malaria does and know how simple measure can reduce the impact of the problem by over 90%. Solutions to Malaria are low cost and simple, within 5 years they expect an antidote and innoculation against the desease to be available.

Oh by the way Jasy, I do know that Africa is a continent so no need for smart arse comments.

some celebs like to cotribute (allegedly) privately, so he may have?

Sponsored Links
Back