Live 8.... Fecking Hypocracy!!

i dont want to see anyone die needlessly, but cancelling debt is not enough. how can it be right that a country can produce enough sugar to feed its population, but its cheaper to buy sugar from england as the sugar beat industry is so heavily subsidised by the eu.

Its a mad world

Sponsored Links
Hey mozimissed most of what you were saying asI couldnt folow

it very well what was your point aboiut plumbing in sa?

I am sick of this self righteous crap, OK so the west should have interfered over tyhe last 100 or so years, we got ot wrong in so many ways, but the fact is many of these idiots kill each other regardless of our interference.

I persdonally want my tax money spent in this country, it is not that I lack sympathy for the people in the third world, but I have more for thosein this country that require help, whether it be medical or financial.

When was any of us last asked if we wanted our tax money spent on someone else..NEVER.

I pay a feckiong fortune to the liberal kiss arses running this place, I expect and demand it spent in this country for whoesve is here, black, white, pink or yellow..

securespark
My drunken rant was about how I went over too S,Africa in the 70s through the Voluntary Services Overseas...
I spent 3weeks living on the border region teaching the coloureds lay pipe an install pumps an service mains ,concrete soakaways leading to Irrigation drains from stand pipes , the whole thing was a bit of a joke as I never saw the same coloured face ,day after day ,

we found out afterwards they would only attend so to steal tools ...
I would show them how to fit a stand pipe ,an then tried to get them to do the same they would just wander off ,so I just carried on trying,

A smashing bloke called Jeff Mcqueen(a joiner ) who was in our village also a voluntee would be strict with them an bark his orders an drill it in them , an they respected him an I think feared him a little..

He had them making doors , window frames an furniture ,they were taught like recruits an good workers were rewarded with cans of lager on the Friday afternoon...

Dont get me wrong I was very humbled an in culture shock when I returned the UK ,they dont know any better in some parts of Africa ..but a life of hunger an suffering ...

I DO HOPE in my Heart the G8 leaders do Drop the Debt, increase Aid an the main one Give "Fair Trade "
I think in reality they will increase Aid but not the other two...

Sponsored Links
Fair(er) trade is definitely a major one.

Months ago I was in the supermarket, trying to decide which coffee to buy. They had Columbian, Kenyan, Costa Rican, Ethiopian... Ethiopian? I stood there for a good five minutes, totting up whether or not I should buy the Ethiopian coffee. After all, surely their farmland would be put to better use growing FOOD?! In the end, I decided that, assuming they were getting a fair profit from this, it could be a good thing.

I'm not sure how intensive coffee farming is, but you can see how much coffee you get from one bean, so to make a jar of coffee probably takes very little land. Now, realistically Ethiopia might be getting 20p for that jar of coffee (that's 4-5% of the sale price). I can but hope. That 20p might buy more imported food than they would have been able to grow on that tiny piece of land had they tried to grow potatoes or wheat, for instance. Or perhaps that 20p could buy the equipment and farming expertise required to successfully grow food in Ethiopia's less fertile areas.

Of course, it is equally likely that there are fat cats taking most of that money without sinking it back into Ethiopia's hunger... but that just takes us back to where we started!

(P.S. I bought it, and it was damn good coffee!)

AdamW
BBC1s "CountryFile" did a good report about Fair Trade in Rwanda awhile ago ,the people Huttis an tutsi (spelt wrong I know ,lol)had come together after the genocide that split the country apart ,an had set up Co-Ops ...an were managing a good income to African Standards from coffee production ,
I tried their coffee next time I was out in Tescos an it was also "powerful Rich "an had a great kick with it ,not bitter but smooth ...a bit dearer than the rest but a good cuppa

I wonder if all them rich pop stars was to put a good bit of their fortunes together maybe it would go a fair way to a fairer distribution of the worlds wealth.

i think they did a fantastic job and i think it should be held every 6 month
it,s about time someone did a bit to help the poor.

What I think WAS HUGELY OBSCENE ... was that man

Bill Gates

He was on about G8 ... he spins them on strings ...

HE OWNS THEM ........as before one or two he will allow but anthing against "W".. fack off

debt yeah Bill he wants.. he wants a mass of regular workers in africa .... for lrghorn new op system ...

in INDIA they wanted min wage 2 yrs ago..(since this the union was destroyed an not allowed to talk to their own members ,because Bill gates is wonderful hmmmm at micronazi ......) why does my post keep vanishing ,lol,if not ,these nasty ****s need outing HELP HELP BUSH/BLIAR HELP

FWL_Engineer said:
I am sick of this self righteous rubbish, OK so the west should have interfered over tyhe last 100 or so years, we got ot wrong in so many ways, but the fact is many of these idiots kill each other regardless of our interference.

I persdonally want my tax money spent in this country, it is not that I lack sympathy for the people in the third world, but I have more for thosein this country that require help, whether it be medical or financial.

When was any of us last asked if we wanted our tax money spent on someone else..NEVER.

I pay a feckiong fortune to the liberal kiss a**es running this place, I expect and demand it spent in this country for whoesve is here, black, white, pink or yellow..

prat :rolleyes:

Aside from the political angle....as few points I noitced....

Pink FLoyd....excellent..better than i expected.

Stereophonics.....one of the top acts yesterday

Velvet revolver...I could have clumped that singer!

Robbie Williams...got to say it.....one of the best turns.

Ricky Gervais....stupid..try a script next time...unfunny.

Dawn (Im fat and proud) french.....same old 'fat routine'....unfunny and looked as amuteur as usual.

Lennie Henry...had a pop about blacks acts....didnt mention the lack of brothers supporting the event in the crowd though did he.....chip on the shoulder or what?

David 'as I said' Beckham.....why?

Where were....Status Quo....Oasis......the Stones....Queen...

And the fact that so many people couldnt get home afterwards.....didnt thet know that London closes at 11?....

An MP was on the verge of shutitng it down at one stage

And the whole thing over ran be a massive two an a half hours?...

Amd we want the Olympics? :mrgreen:

I suppose it was somewhere for the Chavs to go to, but not my cup of tea.
inso far as it achieving anything apart from making money from sales of tickets who knows? One things for sure there seems to be a lot of free publicity generated and following sales of albums etc for the acts that "gave their services for free".

With out Live8, I think the majority of the UK population would not know about G8, (unless they watched the drama on tv last week). Regardless of what people think of live8, there were some very good acts there, both young & old. I watched some of it & didnt think of Africa, politics or G8 I know its nothing to be proud of.
It was entertainment.

jasy said:

Pot calling kettle black I think Jasy.

If you are really nieve enough to think a series of concerts by self promoting multi millionaire singers and whingers will make one iota of difference to the worlds poorest people then good luck to you, but I can assure you it will not.

Cancelling the debt and Fair Trade are certainly ways to go to help, but it will take many generations to overcome these problems in Africa and other parts of the world. Until the West stops interferring and certainl Black leaders stop using famine as a way to control their populations to remain in power then nothing in Africa will ever change.

The leaders who will be attending the G8 meeting will have already decided what they are going to do in essence, and that will be whatever serves their political ambitions and agenda the most. They care no more about the worlds poor that you or I do about paint drying.

Couldn't agreed more specially when their record sales pick up again after the concert. Sir Paul is the richest pop star in the world with nearly 1 billion pounds which he could never spent it, so what the point of having it?

Sponsored Links
Back