Live wire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In order to supply 13amp to a power shower and underfloor heating in the bathroom my fitter took a lead from behind a 13 amp plug in the next door bedroom and ran it along the skirting in ducting to a fused spur in my airing cupboard. Can I fit a junction box under the floor to one of the leads going in to the wall plug and get a live to the spur to tidy it up.

Sponsored Links
In order to supply 13amp to a power shower and underfloor heating in the bathroom my fitter took a lead from behind a 13 amp plug in the next door bedroom
:?:

Plug:

MK646.JPG

Socket:

MKK2757.JPG

and ran it along the skirting in ducting to a fused spur in my airing cupboard. Can I fit a junction box under the floor to one of the leads going in to the wall plug and get a live to the spur to tidy it up.
I really don't get what you want to do.

Tidy what up?

If the fused spur for the shower and UFH works it must have a live feed to it.... :confused:

Was your fitter registered with one of the Competent Person schemes, e.g. NICEIC, NAPIT etc?

Did you get an electrical certificate for his work and subsequently a Building Regulations certificate after he notified the council?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back