Locating damp proof course for patio levels (pics included)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out where my DPC is located - I believe it's between the brickwork and rendering but I'm not sure as I also think it could be below the weep holes (if that's what they are?). Looking under the patio doors would suggest in between the brick and render - that's roughly where the internal floor level is if it makes a difference. I can also spot the edge of some plastic there but it looks to be clear rather than black (not sure if that makes any odds).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Ross

Sponsored Links
Is your house a timber frame construction? Those weep vents are suspicious.

Yep I believe so, I'm in Scotland and it's a relatively new build (2008). Does that give you a clue as to where the DPC would be?

Thanks!

It should be immediately below the weep holes. Its rare that you can't see a little slither of dpc hanging out the joint somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - yeah I was expecting to be able to see it somewhere but there's no sign of it from the outside. In a related question, will I be alright going up to that level (bottom of weep holes) with the patio if I leave a 4" gap from the wall and fill with gravel for drainage? I'm also planning on a fall of 1:100 away from the house (I'm laying polished sandstone so hopefully it should drain at that?).

Cheers

Ross

Ideally you'd want to be below it a little.

Unless your experienced Laying paving i would be wary as 1:100 is not easy to achieve and can leave a risk of a small amount of ponding

Minimum i would recommend would be 1:80. You really don't notice a fall until about 1:60 anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back