Locating fault causing no internet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lost internet quite common removed all plugs from router and refitted and up and running again. Then I found the repeater had failed, put supply cable to wifi repeater direct into PC and TV and no internet.

So next unplugged cables and plugged them into cable tester which shows OK, it also goes through two switches, this is where I start to scratch my head, how do you test a switch?

The repeater is a SilverCrest WiFi Range Extender SWV 733 A2 IAN 285667 the page to set it will only work with my Vista lap top when the wireless dongle is removed, even then I have to select open anyway as it says it is not a verified site, and the lap top battery is US so can't move it around.

When I can open the setup page it does give info but nothing with the switches to say what they are or are not doing, any ideas how to test and find which item has failed?

Sponsored Links
Fixed but not what I expected. I have a Sky router which was changed and new one only has two LAN outlets, old one had four, so two outlets went to two switches one local to router and one in next room. It was all connected to switch in next room causing the problem. So instead of plugging switch into router, I tried plugging it into the switch, so both switches daisy chained.

Now it is working A1 again.

Sponsored Links
Back