Locating parts for vaillant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am back again. Trying to locate correct part numbers for vaillant ecomax boiler with CG number 47-044-08. PCB and pump is exact same from two net retailers but secondary heat exchanger and fan differ.

One retailer emailed me saying CG number is no longer used and that vaillant change part numbers so readily. Even he has difficulty in locating correct parts. I have tried Partsarena. When comparing part numbers with retailers they differ. Parts offered on ebay are substantially cheaper then retailers but drawback is getting the correct part. Any other source for locating correct part numbers for boiler.

Sponsored Links
You'll probably have to call Vaillant if there's more than one.
Sometimes updated parts fit earlier models, often they don't.

Ebay's a lottery. Often you'll get bits which were found to be dud when new but they couldn't be returned (but they are new - sort of), or bits which were blown up as soon as connected, or the old part back in the box the new part came in. Some retailers use it to hive off obsolete parts, which they can describe as "new".

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
You'll probably have to call Vaillant if there's more than one.
Sometimes updated parts fit earlier models, often they don't.

Ebay's a lottery. Often you'll get bits which were found to be dud when new but they couldn't be returned (but they are new - sort of), or bits which were blown up as soon as connected, or the old part back in the box the new part came in. Some retailers use it to hive off obsolete parts, which they can describe as "new".

Hi "ChrisR" What you have described as parts on ebay makes me vary. This sort of fiddling is going on a very large scale.

It appears that for 2001-2004 ecomax 828e the secondary heat ex is VAIL 065131 DOMESTIC HEAT EXCHANGER
VAIL 190235 FAN ASSEMBLY

Best to confirm with Vaillant first :rolleyes:

Unless the hex is 065053 E24-150 ...!

Yes there's a lot of illegal and dubious activity on ebay. If the seller sets up a "trade" account there's no way to find out who he/she is, or their address. Ebay rules say he /she should provide a phone number, but a lot don't. People don't give bad feedback because they'd just get bad fb themselves, and it wouldn't do them anything but harm.

Most people are honest, but it attracts those who aren't. If you buy a £150 pcb for £50, how likely is it that something's wrong?

I would never recommend buying a spare from e-bay :eek: I think the phrase buyer beware springs to mind :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back