Locating sewer pipe

good advice but you`re in Aus and they regulate plumbers don`t they ? . Here in UK , apart from elitist gas fitters, the rest is a free for all like we see depicted on TV @ your outback sheep station bars ;)

Sponsored Links
Plumbers are regulated in Australia and I thought they were in the the UK as well...perhaps the UK needs to catch up, then the OP and others could find their drains.

Plumbers who have attained City & Guilds status can, I understand obtain Licensed status in Australia.

I find it difficult to believe that in the UK just anybody can say they are a plumber without having completed an apprenticeship and start up business, and there is no regulatory authority, perhaps this is why the OP can't find his drain.

But that has no relevance to finding the drain, I'm sure the equipment would be available in the UK :LOL:

Have you thought about ground penetrating radar.

After all you don't need to know where it is, you need to know where it isn't.

I.e. if they don't find anything where you are going to build you are OK.

As an aside my brother worked for Cementation one summer building a road for ICI. They were asked to find a sewer by digging a trial hole by hand, two days later they were told they could stop digging and fill in the hole because the clerk of works had discovered the sewer was 30 feet down!

Sponsored Links
Have you thought about ground penetrating radar.

After all you don't need to know where it is, you need to know where it isn't.

I.e. if they don't find anything where you are going to build you are OK.

If it were my house I would want to know anyway just for future reference.

GPR I have seen in a demo by a company trying to sell it was very hard to interpret and we knew what we were looking at because we knew where the drain was laid.

Plumbers who have attained City & Guilds status can, I understand obtain Licensed status in Australia.

I should have known that in 1979.. I`d have been over with you like a shot ;) :LOL: .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back