Location of thermostat for underfloor heating in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a look through quite a few posts on this but haven't seen a definitive answer so any help welcome.

My electrician has done a first fix for an electrical underfloor heating thermostat in my bathroom. I have read that this may not be allowed but other posts seem to say that it may be OK depending upon the zone and ip rating of the thermostat. The plasterer will be here in a week and I wanted to check this before it becomes more difficult to rectify.

The thermostat will be in Zone 3 and the electrician says its fine and I hate to question him further.

My house has a couple of 30mA RCD's fitted in the main consumer if that is at all relevant and the heating will be basic mat stuff of only 4 square meters in size.

Regards,
Scott,

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I can do some measurements tonight to see if it is in Zone 3 but Taylortwocities is implying thats not worth doing??

Any more clarity on this please? Im more than happy to challenge my electrician but the two posts here seem to conflict.

If someone points me to the Part P regs document Im more than happy to do some more homework.

All help welcome.

Sponsored Links
There is only Zones 0, 1, and 2 now.

Anything past zone 2 is now outside of zones completely.

Have a look at the wiki for bathroom zones.

Cheers Londonboy.

So back to the Original Post. Is my electrician correct in saying he fit the t-stat in this zone?

Rgds
Scott.

The thermostat will be 1.3 m away from a sink and 1.5 away from a bath so according to the Wiki guide it is beyond zone 2.

Any conclusions please?

Regards, Scott,

what kind of UFH system is it? i presume each room has its own dedicated zone with a room stat contorlling its dedicated actuators. Many of these are wired into a control unit which are 12v DC which will be fine

Sorry Safesinbad.

Its simple matt electric UFH heating for under tiles.
Thermostat controls just the bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back