Lockable gridswitch box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While at the suppliers sorting out the lighting problem you helped me with I attempted unsuccessfully to find a lockable box for a grid switch, perhaps you may have some suggestions?. What I require is a lockable cover/box to go over a grid switch that measures approx 150mm by 190mm this is so that the switches can only be used by members of staff. Thanks for any help you can give, and please dont think I am being idle,I have looked on the net and spoken to wholesalers.Kind regards Wes

Sponsored Links
you could try a "key safe" ans cut the back out?

does it need to be a grid switch? are they all always on or do you switch some on here and there?

of the former then a contactor box to replace the switches and a key operated switch to control it..

I have looked on the net and spoken to wholesalers.
OK - what am I failing to grasp?

Sarel, Gewiss, Fibox, Himel, ABB, Schneider.....

The list of companies who make mild steel, stainless steel, GRP and polycarbonate enclosures with lockable doors in all sorts of sizes goes on and on and on....

Why is nothing like any of those any good?

Sponsored Links
Change ALL the switches to key type, then give each staff member a key !

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4917.html

MKK4917.JPG

If this is a bar/club or similar, then switches for operation by staff only should be positioned in staff only areas.

I attempted unsuccessfully to find a lockable box for a grid switch.....I have looked on the net and spoken to wholesalers.
OK - what am I failing to grasp?

Sarel, Gewiss, Fibox, Himel, ABB, Schneider.....

The list of companies who make mild steel, stainless steel, GRP and polycarbonate enclosures with lockable doors in all sorts of sizes goes on and on and on....

Why was nothing like any of those any good?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back