Locked escape window - key behind 'break glass'

I’d get it signed off with whatever they want and swap it for a proper window the next day.
that wouldn't work as there's no such thing as sign off for planning. If you swap it for an opening window that is just further development that doesn't have permission. It would be a waste of the old window if you bought it only to throw away.
Building regs do get signed off, but that's just a certificate, things can stop complying when changes are made, although if the aim is to sell the house the certificate would help that.

Sponsored Links
When I was a lad, in one of the comics (Victor or Warlord or something) I distinctly remember getting a free booklet telling us lads what to do in a house fire situation, and how to slow down the smoke to our bedrooms to give more time to make our escape from the window, smashed or opened, and jumping, dropping or climbing down a make shift rope.

I can't imaging that getting through the PC filters nowadays.

Other booklets where how to use our 8" bowie knives and how to make fires and hunt for food and stuff like normal 8 year olds. :rolleyes:

An application for discharge of planning consent conditions is a way of discharging (pre-commencement) planning consent conditions.

Sponsored Links
An application for discharge of planning consent conditions is a way of discharging (pre-commencement) planning consent conditions.
Don't some things have to be built though before all conditions can be discharged ?!

The act of doing the thing would normally be enough. Either way, I can't see how it's relevant to this particular issue, but it's perfectly possible that I've lost the plot.

Nakajo . The plot has been lost ,but it started with
there's no such thing as sign off for planning
and I replied with
Depends what you mean by sign off , an application for discharge of planning consent conditions is a way of showing the work complies .
Stage or preoccupation conditions are unlikely in this case but discharge of pre commencement conditions is deemed to comply. As you imply, we are all going a bit of plot but my point was there is a ' planning equivalent of signing off '.

Regards.

fair enough, maybe the OP can clarify whether there's a pre occupation condition on the window being fixed shut.
However removing it after occupation would still be likely to be classed as further development which would need planning permission.
Anyway my point was that the OP shouldn't waste their money on a compliant window and a non compliant one to replace it, plus the fitting costs of both. May as well just go straight for the non compliant one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back