locking wheel nuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.... purchased a complete peugeot 405 for spares £100.00 off ebay. over the past couple of months i think its paid for itself ...IE brake servo, alternator, elec mirror, and 2 elec window motors. i now want to swap the wheels over since the spare has some nice alloys on but have noticed that they have locking wheel nuts on and i have no key. simple question is can i , how do i remove the nuts. thanks TONY

Sponsored Links
you could bang an old socket,very tight fitting ,got away with this a few times...or a larger socket and mig it up(weld) from the inside, but you'de need 4 old sockets for this

Sponsored Links
If sockets over top don't work (should do) another way is a hamer and chisel if the hole is big enough 2 get chisel in. Some alloys u have no chance cause there just no room. keep tapping the chisel anti clockwise to see if they budge. They should do as locking wheel nuts are only 2be done up just tight enough, they are not meant 2 b dogged up tight as there is not much 2 grip with the locker and the locking nut itself. Hope this helps if u haven't already done it.
Nicola

Sponsored Links
Back