loft adequate ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help :?:
If I was insulating only 2/3 of the loft, allowing a boarded area for storage, will I still have to consider the ventilation concerns, as I was thinking the draw effect from the less insulated area may create enough air movement, also if there is no membrane at rafters in a loft is there still a requirement for further ventilation :confused:

Sponsored Links
Ventilation in lofts spaces is usually achieved, by leaving the areas open around your eaves of the house. Providing this area is not stuffed or filled with anything. That should do.

provided of course you have not got any excessive moisture loads, for example by draping wet washing around the house, having holes in the ceiling for silly lamps, or failing to use an effective extractor fan in the bathroom.

what do you mean by
If I was insulating only 2/3 of the loft

Sponsored Links
I meant that 65% of the loft would have 250mm loft ins and the remaining 35% is boarded with 100mm under boards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back