Loft Ariel Install Advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a loft ariel and the easiest method to get the cable down stairs is thru the ceiling down the wall and then into a connect box next to the double socket for neatness, I then need to chase a line down the wall and plaster over, is this ok or is there a better way, If I go outside from the loft first it will look a mess still going down the outside wall and then I'd need to drill thru outside - in.

Any advise appreciated as always
Thanks
S

Sponsored Links
Before you commit to either method, have you tried the aerial in the loft to see if you do get a good signal?

It would be a shame to go to all that effort then find that you don't get decent reception.

As for which way to go, either way is OK, has its good & bad points but it's upto you on what you want & are prepared to do.

I usually try bringing cables down through built in cupboards etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: sz1
Hey Matty,

Thanks for reply!

Yeah the reception is good mate, its been in there a while but I have to re-route the cable because the TV has been moved, its open space in the front room, so I cant route the cable anywhere apart from bring it down another wall across from the 2 lecky sockets which would conseal it better but Id still need to chase out and plaster over unless I use duckting which I dont fancy. Guess I need to chase out and plaster the thin long route after.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It would be interesting to read a full spec on that flat "co-ax" cable. Such as what is the attenuation per metre ?

Hi, have you thought of scraping the loft areal idea, they areva dead loss in many many ways, a one can be fitted on your chimney stack ever so easily, when I got the new house ( my first) I put 2 up for each room and it took about 2 hours and I was complete, not too great if your not so agile mind, the cost was around 25-30 pound so cannot imagine it being that much to pay someone, if you do bring the cable in from the outside in when you drill, most people want to keep there plaster in good condition and drill inside out blowing the nice loverly face off there brick, but drill outside in and you can just polyfiller, the little bit on the inside, its a nightmare replacing a brick !! Hope this helps ( outside areals are the best without doubt )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back