Loft Boarding ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I plan on boarding my loft in a new home but only the middle part and it seems to have W truss fitted. So maybe 8m by 3m. I used to use chipboard before but have found a product styroloft that may work and be more light weight.

I did use the pack of 3 boards of about 1.2m long but wondered if I could use a bigger board to lay in a larger area at once and what the minimun thickness would be, it would be light traffic for storage only.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont know anything about Styroloft or similar but would advise you to stick with chipboard T&G.
Whatever you get make sure that it will fit thro the access hatch to the loft.

And get the water resistant stuff from a wood yard as opposed to the B&Q stuff.

And get the water resistant stuff from a wood yard as opposed to the B&Q stuff.

Trouble is the water resistant stuff comes in 8' * 2' sheets and is too large to handle through a loft hatch easily!

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Just use whatever chipboard you can get in the loft hatch, no need for moisture resistant, if you need water resistant chipboard there is a moisture problem that needs sorting. Lofts should be dry and breezy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back