Loft condensation and insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed we have moisture in one corner of the bedroom, then i remembered seeing a lot of condensation in the loft.
My thought is that the loft insulation needs replacing anyway as it is thin and old.
If i insulate the floor joists with the relevant amout of "stuff" and use a system like Loftzones Storefloor that would help some of the problem.
Then, if i use the foam board insulation for insulating the roof and maybe even plasterboard it.

I will also have a couple of Servers and other bits running in the loft (yes geek alert) so there will be a bit of weight and heat from them.

Would be interested in peoples thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what your question is?

Your problem is not enough ventilation from the loft to outside and damp air leading through the ceiling into the loft. In that situation more insulation will make it worse, so don't change that first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back