LOFT CONDENSATION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE A CHALET STYLE HOUSE YOU KNOW THE TYPE NORMAL BUNGALOW WITH TWO BEDROOMS AND A TOILET RUNNING THE LENGTH OF THE ROOF WHEN ITS V.COLD AND STILL I GET CONDENSATION ON THE UNDERSIDE OF MY ROOFFELT NOT SO MUCH IN THE SMALL ATTIC SPACE TO THE SIDE OF THE PUSTAIRS BEDROOMS BUT AT THE VERY TOP ABOVE THE UPSTAIRS BEDROOM THE PROBLEM APPEARS TO BE THE LOFT ISULATION THAT LAGSTHE STUD WALLS CARRIES OVER AND RUNS TIGHT BETWEEN THE SLOPING ROOFOF THE BEDROOMS AND THE UNDERSIDE OF THE ROOFFELT THIS THINKNMEANS THAT THERE IS LITTLE AIRFLOW INTO THIS LOFT AREA TO CARRY AWAY THE MOIST WARM AIR .MY QUESTIONS ARE HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM OR DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET ROUND THIS WITHOUT SPENDING A FANTASTIC SUM OF CASH

Sponsored Links
Firstly, you will find the Caps Lock key at the left of your keyboard ;)

There are two potential solutions (that I can think of) to your problem. The first is to adust your loft insulation so there is a gap at the eaves. This will allow air to circulate and help prevent condensation forming.

The other thing you could do is insert some polystyrene spacers in the overlaps of your roof felt. Either use the polystyrene panelling used to insulate a loft conversion (cut appropriately), or just use the polystyrene packaging you got with your last electrical appliance! This will have the same effect of letting air circulate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back