Insulating room in roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We live in a chalet style house where the bedrooms are essentially in the roof. The bedroom walls are stud with uninsulated plasterboard. The studs are visible from the eaves side of the wall and would seem easy enough to put some flexible batt insulation in here, was thinking wood fibre. However I know you should really put in a vapour barrier then the insulation. Our loft has 270mm insulation with no vapour barrier and no sign of condensation or mould there. Therefore was wondering if can omit VBL from stud walls. Logic being, if there is no condensation issue in loft why would there be in eaves. Eaves and loft share same air. I've attached an image of the house layout and proposed walls to insulate.

Other option of to insulate roof via rafters but for some reason I'm less keen on that idea. Maybe because it seems more difficult. Thanks for any advice on this.

Attachments

• House plan.jpg
    House plan.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back