Loft Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I start, I have read the other posts in the forum on this issue

I Moved into the house last dec and have had the loft part boarded , cavity wall insulated and loft insulation installed

Since then i have noticed water dripping from the loft. I have had roof tile air vents installed since then but the water is still dipping and Im coming to my wits end as to how to fix this.

Any ideas on how to resolve this as ive done all the obvious things i can think off

Sponsored Links
insulate fully at ceiling level including loft hatch , increase ventilation in loft

I am having this problem too. Have so far added ventilation gaps where each bit of felt overlaps. Monitoring at the moment - only did that about 9pm last night and it's been about 100% humidity outside, which does not help.

Sponsored Links
Check the cavity wall and / or loft insulation havent blocked the eves -which would stop any soffit / fascia ventilation working

Unfortunately, the loft space is external to the heated house envelope, which means the loft is somewhat influenced by external weather conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back