1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Loft Condensation

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by Osteosingh, 27 Dec 2018.

1. Osteosingh

Osteosingh

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Before I start, I have read the other posts in the forum on this issue

I Moved into the house last dec and have had the loft part boarded , cavity wall insulated and loft insulation installed

Since then i have noticed water dripping from the loft. I have had roof tile air vents installed since then but the water is still dipping and Im coming to my wits end as to how to fix this.

Any ideas on how to resolve this as ive done all the obvious things i can think off

2. datarebal

datarebal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    insulate fully at ceiling level including loft hatch , increase ventilation in loft

3. Sponsored Links
  4. jonbey

jonbey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am having this problem too. Have so far added ventilation gaps where each bit of felt overlaps. Monitoring at the moment - only did that about 9pm last night and it's been about 100% humidity outside, which does not help.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. datarebal

datarebal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    you still need to limit the amount of warm moist air that makes its way into the loft space.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. Notch7

Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Check the cavity wall and / or loft insulation havent blocked the eves -which would stop any soffit / fascia ventilation working

Unfortunately, the loft space is external to the heated house envelope, which means the loft is somewhat influenced by external weather conditions.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local