loft conversion advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a experienced ex bathroom fitter so my knowledge is pretty good. I am getting my loft converted shell only and I will finish the work. Putting stud walls up not a problem but need some advice around regs. Do I need to use pink board instead of standard 12.5mm?

Also I have a concrete chimney that is staying. My ensuite wall will be but against this. Is there a requirement how I should build the wall against this, for example don't use wood only use metal.

Looking for genuine advice which complies to building regs not general opinion please. Any pros out there who can give me the answers.

Sponsored Links
Why do you think you need to use fire resistant board's? And why does the stud material matter, you can use either. Respectively, have you had a good set of Building Regs drawings prepared?

Hi yes I have and building control have already visited the builders.

It does say on the drawings what materials the board (12.5) will be out off but knowing building control I thought this is the sort of thing they would be looking for. With the chimney I though the may require so kind of fire break?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back