Loft conversion ceiling height

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a loft conversion which was put in by the previous owners we guess in the late '80s or early 90's. It's a bit tired and could do with an increase in insulation so I was thinking of giving it some TLC and possibly gaining some storage space back

The current configuration has pitched sides to stepped part flat ceiling then up to a second pitch to the roof apex. Part of the stepped flat ceiling is boarded for storage and half s open to the apex. See picture below.

We are considering boarding the whole flat ceiling area for storage with a loft hatch and plastering the whole lot to give a clean finish. The flat part would be a smidge over 2m which is a bit low for my liking, but is workable a long as it meets regs. I did wonder if half the area had been left open t the apex to fiddle an average ceiling height greater than 2m.

Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
Monday bump in the hope somebody may come back from a happy weekend and want to reply :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back