Loft conversion done the wrong way with pics.

The op has lived up to his reputation - quick visit, made a splash, got his money and scarpered. Did it at the lady's house and done it on here ;) :rolleyes:

Maybe they wanted praise for job well done, and when you experts pointed out the flaws (that me, as a non-professional) could see, they scarpered?

Sponsored Links
The op has lived up to his reputation - quick visit, made a splash, got his money and scarpered. Did it at the lady's house and done it on here ;) :rolleyes:

Maybe they wanted praise for job well done, and when you experts pointed out the flaws (that me, as a non-professional) could see, they scarpered?
Exactly. In particular how their the low moral scruples has been exposed, a bit like those original ceiling beams. (Bent and in need of support ;) :LOL: )

Wonder why they left those bent beams in situ anyway ;) :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
since the ceilings were already down and obviously there was head height, why on earth didnt you jsut fit say 8x3's (depending on span) side by side to the old spars and sit them on the existing walls? Obviously noggin, insulate them overboard!!! That would have been loft conversion heaven for me.

Usually end up doing all of the above through a widened loft hatch and alot of juggling!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back