Loft Conversion (plaster issue)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a loft conversion completed last October and decorated the room completely a couple of months later.

About a six weeks ago, I noticed 3 or 4 raised bumps appear on the wall and ceiling. They are kind of oval/circular in shape, between 1.5 to 2 cm in diameter.

Over the subsequent weeks, I then began to notice more appear and the other day, in bright sunlight, did a closer inspection of the whole loft room and noticed more than a dozen of these bumps.

On one, where the paint has peeled around the bump, I picked it away to discover the nail where the plasteredboard had been secured.

I don't know if this is the same with all marks, but I am guessing that with the heat that develops it the roof, the nail head maybe expanding and pushing out these raised bumps.

Does anyone feel I am right in my assumption or is it possibly something more serious..

Would appreciate any advice

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
whats happened is the nails have popped, because they werent nailed properly. push the ceiling or wall and the board will go back pushing all the other nails that werent nailed home, screw a drywall screw at either side of the nail this will pull the board tight to the stud or joist then hammer home the nails and fill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back