Loft Conversion

JPD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking into starting a business fitting loft ladders, loft boarding, loft hatches and lights. Just the simple stuff really. I was hoping that there would be someone out there who would be able to point me in the right direction as to where I could go to train up to do this type of work? Or is there someone out there who would be prepared to spend a couple of weeks to train me up. I am prepared to pay for the training and help out as much as I can.

Thanks

Jay

Sponsored Links
Doh :!: :oops:

I though JPD wanted to do office/business in the loft, I must try and read slower next time :!:

I didn't know that laying chipboard floors in lofts, for storage purposes only, came under building regs. The lighting work will definitely come under part P as it will be a new circuit, unless it uses an extension lead.

If you feel that a few days is all that you need to be trained in this business, I'm not sure that you would have the depth of knowledge to charge people for your work. See the message below from a guy who's contractor took away a third of his loft insulation when fitting the new floor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back