loft electrics

ojo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend putting light and power into my loft so I can sit and play music in peace. This is an old house with reasonably new wiring though because of unusual design the rings and lighting circuits are front of house / rear of house rather than by floor. I'm going to remove an unused socket in a bedroom breaking into the cicuit and extend through a stud wall from junction boxes. I know this is now frowned on but is it safe? Secondly whoever put in the small loft light seems to have put the switch in direct line on the supply cable, my idea would be to disconnect this take the switch and supply cable via a junction box so that the lights I put up could still work from the switch in the doorway. Incidentally the reason the bedroom socket is redundant is because that room is going to be a bathroom.

Sponsored Links
the reason your loft light was done as it is, is because its easier, if you want additional lihghts wire them in paarlell to existing light.

since bedroom is now going to be bathroom, socket / junction box should have be totlaly removed

i would remove socket and put junction boxes under floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back