loft feeder tank noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way of reducing the noise that is made by water refilling the hot water feeder tank in my loft space?

Sponsored Links
is it normal filling up noise or more than that ?

is it insulated ?

is the loft floor insulated

can you here it through the ceiling ?

I'll try and give you the full picture. My house is more of a dormer bungalow than a full two storey house. All the upstairs rooms have "ski-lings", ie sloping ceilings up to the pitch of the roof. The loft is therefore more of a loft space occupying, I would guess, the last 3 or 4 feet below the roof ridge (very cramped to work in!)
The noise is normal filling noise, ie. there's no banging or clanking noises
The floor of the loft space has fibreglass insulation and the tank has insulation sides and top.
The noise is audible in a general way when you are upstairs, and doesn't seem to come specifically through the ceiling.
Hope that's enough info.

Sponsored Links
id say if its normal filling up noise, then other that insulating the side walls to the room where you can hear it, or double insulating the tank and getting the pipework insulated.
is it the water dropping into the tank (you need the air gap, so that cant be helped) or is it the water travelling in the pipe? or is it a partially open isolation valve ?

just some suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back