Central heating feeder/expansion tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My loft is being converted and we are struggling to find a location for the central heating feeder tank. Can anyone tell me how much higher the feeder tank needs to be than the highest radiator? (the rads in the loft room) i.e how much head is required? thanks.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the system, but you should get away with 1m, IF, its installed by the book

Why not see if your system can become a sealed one. Fit an expansion vessel and safety discharge and your off. It'll work if your system is fully pumped and has an overheat stat on it.

thanks for the replies gents. Its a main pressure unvented hw system, is it possible to do a sealed ch system with main pressure unvented system? If not I think I can squeeze just over 1m of head in any case.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes you can fit a sealed CH system with an indirect UVHWC. There should be an overheat stat on the indirect side of the cylinder which will turn of the heating in the even of the primary stat failing.

You also need a second 'high limit' thermostat on the boiler to qualify it for a sealed system. Most boilers already have one or there is a kit available.
What boiler is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back