Loft floor joists for long span

Thanks all.

I have been granted planning permission for the project. It came as a pleasant surprise given the size of the extension: two double bedrooms, two en-suites, double hip to half gabled conversion, large box dormer to rear and a more normal sized pitched roof dormer to the front.

I've had an estimate from Telebeam for £11k (see earlier post) hence why I am looking for alternative technologies. But so far this seems to be limited to flitch beams and easi-joists. I'm surprised there isn't any other supplier of aluminium joists (that I could find).

Since I don't need telescopic beams, is there any reason why I can't use simple aluminium box section or even more cost effective, steel box section beams?

Sponsored Links
I have been granted planning permission for the project. It came as a pleasant surprise given the size of the extension: two double bedrooms, two en-suites, double hip to half gabled conversion, large box dormer to rear and a more normal sized pitched roof dormer to the front.
Sounds horrific.

Sponsored Links
How about a set of these....?
h1i6.png

Peri formwork girders. Any size up too 6m available and up too 17m available on request.
These will beat any engineered joist on the market imo.

They are highly durable, fully treated and comply with stringent German load bearing standards and built to carry extremely heavy loads..
(ie- wet concrete :LOL: )

◾Permissible bearing force: 28.00 kN
◾Permissible bending moment: 7.00 kNm
◾Bending stiffness: EIx = 887 kNm² Ix = 8.064 cm4

Not too shabby eh?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back