loft floor specifications?please provide info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i have a substantial loft area.its in a 3 bed terraced property.although i may wish to do a full loft conversion in the future i am currently not prepared to do so due to other commitments and due to the financial considerations.the property will require a new roof in order to make a good conversion.
For the time being i am thinking of converting the area into a storage area .i believe no planning permission or plans are required to do this.
I would like to know some details about the type of joists i would need to install over the existing 3"x2" joists.My idea is to install the type of floor that is required for a full loft conversion.please note that if i did a full convesion the loft would be used as kitchen/diner.I would like to know my options with regards to the size of timber joists.Steels could also be used if the overall depth of the joist can be reduced to allow for more headroom.I would also be keen to install any insulation at this point that would be required in a full conversion so as to avoid doing the work again later.

HOW MUCH WOULD I EXPECT TO PAY FOR SOME FULL DETAIL PLANS FOR A LOFT CONVERSION?

THANKS

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back