Loft installation.. Vaillant Eco+831 or Viessmann vito 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just about to have a new boiler installed, currently in the new baby's bedroom and consequently will be moving directly upwards into the loft.

Question is which of these boilers is most suitable/recommended?

I had also been quote on some other boilers (listed below) but through advice/internet had ruled these out..

Ideal Logic+ HE30
Worchester Bosch Greenstar 29 Cdi
Vaillant Eco Pro 28

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
So why have you decided on those models and not for example an Intergas?

Tony

Through recommendation of the installers and to some extent info available on the net etc. "Which?"

just my input regarding boilers in lofts, they're THE WORST IDEA EVER!!!

my company's main work is boiler breakdown repairs, and the worst ones are that which are in lofts, the owner never wants to get into the loft to check what the boiler is doing, or if its 'hubbys' job to check the boiler, wife won't get into loft.

also, you MUST have a correclty fitted loft access ladder, a hand rail, loft MUST be boarded out which are nailed/screwed down solid and there must be good lighting. all of this on average costs circa 200-300 pounds.
without this, the boiler isn't legally fitted.

my advice, avoid boiler in loft at all costs!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks everything is in place except the hand rail...

Appreciate the advice however due to a new baby we dont have the option to put the boiler anywhere else..

Is there one of the two boilers that is better equipped to deal with being in the loft?

Would you suggest a pressure gauge and filling loop in the house to monitor?

Thanks

It is permitted to have a boiler in a bedroom. Correctly fitted and serviced by a gas safe registered installer having one in a bedroom poses less danger than crossing the road or even walking down a street. Invest in a CO detector for extra peace of mind.
Cupboards can be built around boilers so long as there's enough space to work on them.
I too repair boilers and always charge extra for working in a loft which does not meet safety standards

A boiler fitted in a loft with the correct access is not more difficult to work on than anywhere else.

BUT hardly any that I see are correctly fitted.

Worse some owners have an "A" frame stepladder with the top step finishing a metre or more below the loft floor and expect me to do the gymnastics to get into the loft ( and worse to get down again afterwards! ).

I try to insist on a ladder which rests on the lip of the loft hatch! Whilst it may be fine for the home owner to get into his loft once a year with inadequate access but for me I have to do that several times a month.

Its not just for boilers in the loft! There are also water tanks in lofts as well!

Tony

Hi.

I have read elsewhere that a separate filling loop and pressure indicator can be fitted inside the house, to allow regular maintenance on the boiler without the need to go in and out of the loft.

Just wondered if you could indicate what the likely cost of this would be?

Thanks

About £96 if the pipes are conveniently situated like in an old airing cupboard.

I fit that anyway if putting a boiler in the loft as well as a gas isolation valve and an electrical isolating switch!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back