Loft insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I was wondering where the cheapest place to get 200mm rolls of loft insulation from ? I need them to increase an epc rating and b and q are charging £19.00 a roll! any ideas would be appreciated as I need to buy about 20 rolls.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Another couple of months and they'll be on clearance. Hardly anyone buys insulation when they're not cold.

I only use the mineral wool treated with Ecose, which doesn't shed irritant dust and fibres. I've had problems with the old yellow fibreglass.

The Ecose product is brown and soft. It's made by Knauf but is also packaged as an own-brand, but you will see the "Ecose" flash on the packaging.

Another couple of months and they'll be on clearance. Hardly anyone buys insulation when they're not cold.

I only use the mineral wool treated with Ecose, which doesn't shed irritant dust and fibres. I've had problems with the old yellow fibreglass.

The Ecose product is brown and soft. It's made by Knauf but is also packaged as an own-brand, but you will see the "Ecose" flash on the packaging.

As i recall, it does still say Knauf somewhere on the packaging. It's infinitely nicer to work with than the horrible yellow stuff, as far as loft insulation goes...!

Thank you do you remember which one ? I’ve seen Homebase is doing the 200mm rolls for 15.50 a roll! In my opinion these should cost about 5 quid a roll to buy seeing that they are recycled materials. The cost of bustling materials is getting ridiculous last 5 years or so. Wonder if we will get cheaper materials post Brexit ?

Wonder if we will get cheaper materials post Brexit ? - do you think anything will be cheaper post Brexit ? I don't think so ! I would think there will be scope for prices to be increased on all sorts of things !

Wonder if we will get cheaper materials post Brexit ? - do you think anything will be cheaper post Brexit ? I don't think so ! I would think there will be scope for prices to be increased on all sorts of things !
Brexit is the end of the world, everyone knows that.

Rather than worrying about some poxy loft insulation, or would be much better to sort out some leathers, soup up that old Mondeo and start organising membership of a suitable local marauding gang.

Some of the Brextremists claim that the Incredible Shrinking Pound is a good thing because it will make our exports dirt cheap for the buyers.

Of course, that will mean that you'll need more pounds to pay for whatever you buy that is imported, and any tariffs or extra costs will be on top.

Steel will be cheaper if we go open-borders, and we can use the money we save to support our redundant steelworkers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back