Loft joists - best way to secure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've spent some time reinforcing half the floor in our new loft, sistering joists and adding noggings, new boards - much improved! I've just knocked a wall down to build onto gable end, and want to improve the other half of the bouncing floor.

I can't sister these joists as easily due to the way they've been done - and i'm a bit worried about the hangers on the diagonal joists in particular. There are also missing nails in the hangers on all of them.

Are there any recommendations how I can secure the diagonal joists or are they ok if i just add noggings (I can't add them between the two diagonal joists as the floor is raised for the pipework). Also, what screws would be best to fill in the missing nails? I don't want to put nails in to avoid damage to ceilings below!
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0681.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back