Loft ladder too short, need the hinges (cannot find them)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a folding timber loft ladder installed, given my roof is over 3 metres high it was a nightmare to find something suitable (i.e. they were all far shorter than 3m), in the end I got ladders shorter in the hope of simply putting an extra pair of brass hinges on the last rung and adding an extra section.

I cannot find the hinges anywhere, does anyone know where you can purchase suitable highes for a loft ladder?

Please help, I'm desperate, the only use the ladders currently have is for me to swing on them like a monkey and I suspect that breaches some health and safety guidelines?! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
not shure its going to work!!!!!

ok could be misunderstanding the situation ;)

a wooden block or box would be better

thats why ladders overlap by a couple of foot or so to keep the rigidity

in your case the hinges must be strong enough so they can fully support the weight in the closed position and are likely to fail if not done propperly

find someone who sells the youngmans eco dolle loft ladder - extensions are available for them (dont know if they would fit yours though)

I'm in a pickle regarding loft ladders too. My ceiling is over 3.1m above the floor, so unfortunately the cheaper, off the shelf B&Q jobbies won't do. It seems like I'm limited to ladders costing nearer £200.

I have just found this site. Maybe they can get spare parts?

Sponsored Links
their is a company at www.fakro.com who do various loft ladders, the longest is 305cm. dead easy to install. try them. Theyt sell through trade at Selco.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back