Loft ladders adjustment help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You first need to check that the stays and bolts on either side at the top are all still fitting correctly, I've seen one side come loose, and that can make them come down wonky.

You first need to check that the stays and bolts on either side at the top are all still fitting correctly, I've seen one side come loose, and that can make them come down wonky.

Can you please tell me what they are??

The ladder is bolted to the loft opening, somewhere up there, a bolt or a crew is coming loose, or the bolts are loose on the lower hinges. t's just a case of checking everything over till you find out what's come adrift.

Sponsored Links
looking at the first picture, I can't actually see any snapped hinge, but it does look as though the part on the ladders has come loose. It seems as though the plate just needs bringing back into position, and then you can tighten up the bolt.

Hi thanks for the reply, hope this picture shows you what bit as snapped (not very good at photo editing) where I have put the red dots on at the bottom, it as snapped off where I have put the red dots n at the top ( if that makes sense)... So basically that should be one piece,, and I am guessing thats why they are coming down wonky.. And I guess I need a new hinge!!!!

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af289/poolietim/loft ladder 4.jpg

Sorry Poolie, I still think it's just the bolt on the ladder that's come loose. I cant see any cracks or snapped pieces from this angle, but if you're convinced the hinge is faulty, then I'll and see where you can get a new one from.

Sorry Poolie, I still think it's just the bolt on the ladder that's come loose. I cant see any cracks or snapped pieces from this angle, but if you're convinced the hinge is faulty, then I'll and see where you can get a new one from.

Thank you...I am not great on the photography skills...lol....... But yes mate... it is definately snapped and I would be very grateful if you could find me a new hinge please, its the left hand side one.. I will try and get a better picture for you..

hi just another image to try and show you where it as snapped..

The bottom bit should be attached to the top bit were the back line leads to..

Sorry Poole, it just doesn't show up. Try posting a picture of the other side for comparison

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back