Loft ladder adjustment - no instructions!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

I've just fitted a 'new' loft ladder but it didn't come with any instructions. I'm pretty sure it's a Fakro model, but haven't had much luck finding fitting instructions on line either.

There are two adjustable stop bolts that act on the white arms, and therefore dictate the angle that the loft hatch stops at, and therefore the angle of the stair case. I'm wondering if it's best practice to adjust these so that...

a) the stair treads are horizontal, then trip the loft ladder legs with a saw
b) the loft ladder legs don't need trimming with a saw
c) something else!?

It's made slightly more complicated by the fact that the ladder attaches to the hatch on adjustable brackets too, so I could achieve b) using that method too. That makes me wonder if it's important to get the angle between the two white bars as close to 180 degrees as possible?

It has a yellow hand rail. Most Fakros seem to have red ones, so perhaps it's another make actually?

Cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back