Loft Ladders over 3m...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, as per the subject really, where can i get a loft ladder over 3m? All the ones ive seen seem to be for upto 3m.

Ideally i would like one that comes with the loft hatch etc....

Cheers all! :D

Sponsored Links
http://www.ladderstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=189 goes to 3.5m

Denso your a star, cheers for that. Im coming up with similar prices but think i might need to use an ordinary ladder for now, as that will be £210 including the required extension piece and then someone will have to come out and fit it, and im unsure as to how much that will cost...hmmmm :confused:

Yep not cheap but I don't think it's too overpriced as it comes assembled with hatch as well.
I know what you mean though, by the time it gets installed maybe a bit of redecoration, it all adds up.
And is your loft opening big enough...more cost if it isn't :(

Sponsored Links
Yep not cheap but I don't think it's too overpriced as it comes assembled with hatch as well.
I know what you mean though, by the time it gets installed maybe a bit of redecoration, it all adds up.
And is your loft opening big enough...more cost if it isn't :(

The loft hatch is pretty small so theres a little more cost as you say to have it opened up. A normal ladder might have to suffice for the moment i think.

Im toying with having a set of stairs put in (as per my other post) in time to come. So may aswell save and put it towards that.

Thanks for your help though mate. :)

I have one, aluminium, three sliding sections, quite light, it was one of the common makers, either Abru or Blue Seal, can't remember which. It is the sort that has the blue tubular handles that you screw to the side (unless you don't)

Mine lies down flat on the loft floor (you slide the sections together before pushing it up) but I have an idea they also have some kind of pivoting arm to help stow them.

shivering - I've got a Abru, ali/3 section, blue handle, pivot arm job and I got it in B&Q last year (I think it was about £150). My hatch is 21" X 24" (small!) - plenty of room for the folding/swinging action. The ladder gets dragged almost flat into the loft by the spring-loaded pivot arm. I kept the existing hatch door (lift off/push-up into loft type) but fixed it with a couple of butt hinges to drop down - I wanted to keep it as it has decorative features - original beaded boards & mouldings (old Victorian house). All very easy to fit!

I've got 3m floor to ceiling so bog standard ladders wouldn't work; I went to my local loft doctor shop and was quoted circa £400 for supply of ali ladder with wooden box/hatch (fitting extra!). It looked horrible - I didn't want a great big dirty box hanging down & it would have taken a couple of people to fix as it was so heavy.

So, down to B&Q for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back