Loft Light

DIY will always take the ease route.
Really, and pros don't ? My experience is that most trades will do the very easiest thing - whether it's the best option or not. Conversely, many DIYers have the option of taking extra time, and are prepared to put the effort in to avoid unsightly "bodges".

It's quite a generalisation, and I know some professionals actually act in a professional manner - but I don't think any of you need be offended. If you are one of the better ones to whom the above disparaging remarks don't apply, then you'll also know that many of your colleagues could certainly do some jobs "somewhat better" if they cared to - and so you won't be offended. If you are offended, then the previous sentence applies.

Sponsored Links
I'm simply stating that the natural characteristics of "Homo sapien DIY enthusiast" is ease.

I think Chris you have taken the easy route in not discriminating between

[1] Homo sapien DIY enthusiast

and

[2] Homo sapien cost cutting bodger

They are two very different species.

Some have genes from the species "Homo sapien ignoramous" and these are to be feared as are the "professionals" who have some or all of the "Homo sapien ignoramous" genes mixed with genes from the species "Homo sapien cost cutting bodger"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back