Loft Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to improve the lighting in my loft.

CPC offer some good options, but I need some advice when choosing between a floodlight and a batten light...

30W LED Floodlight

30W LED Batten Light

...unless anyone can recommend an alternative?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A batten light or fluorescent tube will probably provide more even lighting than a flood, and be less likely to blind you when you look at it.

I have two 5 ft tubes, located in different parts of the loft to eliminate dark areas due to shadows from the collar ties and props etc.

Sponsored Links
I would put your plans for any work in your loft on ice, for a month or two!
Too true. I have necessarily been doing some work in one of my roofs over the past few days, but it's going very slowing because the climate up there is unbearable until about 10pm!

Kind Regards, John

Too true. I have necessarily been doing some work in one of my roofs over the past few days, but it's going very slowing because the climate up there is unbearable until about 10pm!
What about before 10AM? Or 8AM?

I'm pretty nocturnal, so am rarely around and wanting to do things at such times. Anyway, given that the sun is up and shining on this roof soon after 4am, I'm not sure that it would be too cool at 8am, let alone 10am!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back