Loft lighting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I bought these lights to put up in my loft (https://www.screwfix.com/p/4lite-advantage-twin-4ft-led-ip20-batten-30w-3600lm-220-240v/939kk). The tail that's pre-installed on them is only short and I want a longer piece on to give me a bit of room to work.

What size flex can I use to either attach to it to extend it or rewire it with. They are double insulated lights so I'm thinking of two core flex cable which is what is fitted to it at the moment.

Anyone have any ideas it'd be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Brett

Sponsored Links
What size flex can I use to either attach to it to extend it or rewire it with. They are double insulated lights so I'm thinking of two core flex cable which is what is fitted to it at the moment.
Virtually any flex. 0.75mm² would be hugely adequate.

You are supposed, because of a silly future-proofing regulation, to run a CPC(earth wire) to all 'points' even though it is not needed.

Virtually any flex. 0.75mm² would be hugely adequate.

You are supposed, because of a silly future-proofing regulation, to run a CPC(earth wire) to all 'points' even though it is not needed.
Thanks for the reply. An earth cable will be available when I run the cable to the lamp but it will just be terminated so if in the future it is needed it will be there and all I have to do is hook it up.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards,

Brett

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back