loft lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just fitted two lights in loft spuring of the last ceiling rose everythings working fine but i have to keep room light on to use loft lights is there anything i can do to so that i dnt have to keep room light on :confused:can someone help davmac62 [/b]

Sponsored Links
i have just fitted two lights in loft spuring of the last ceiling rose everythings working fine but i have to keep room light on to use loft lights is there anything i can do to so that i dnt have to keep room light on :confused:can someone help davmac62 [/b]

:LOL:

The feed you have taken from the existing rose has been taken from the switch live for that room.

How many wires did you see at that rose?

Sponsored Links
Yes you could call an electrician to sort it out, because you have obviously made a mistake.

It sounds to me that you may have picked your spur from the last light on the circuit. If this is the case you will only have one L, N & E at that last light, in which case you will only get power when that light is on. You need to spur from another light on the ring, and take your live from the main ring at the rose (not the live that goes to the bulb). If in doubt don't do it, come back for more guidance. Cheers

i have just fitted two lights in loft spuring of the last ceiling rose everythings working fine but i have to keep room light on to use loft lights is there anything i can do to so that i dnt have to keep room light on

Sounds like you've not connected into the "loop in" on the ceiling rose but instead the switched live returning from the switch.

Easy to solve by moving your live feed from the switch live to the loop in. ;)

It sounds to me that you may have picked your spur from the last light on the circuit. If this is the case you will only have one L, N & E at that last light, in which case you will only get power when that light is on. You need to spur from another light on the ring, and take your live from the main ring at the rose (not the live that goes to the bulb). If in doubt don't do it, come back for more guidance. Cheers

Ring??

I'd just remove the live from the switch line and put it in with a permanent live personally.

It sounds to me that you may have picked your spur from the last light on the circuit. If this is the case you will only have one L, N & E at that last light, in which case you will only get power when that light is on.
Care to draw us a diagram showing how that light would work?

It sounds to me that you may have picked your spur from the last light on the circuit. If this is the case you will only have one L, N & E at that last light, in which case you will only get power when that light is on.
Care to draw us a diagram showing how that light would work?

On cardboard and with wax crayons will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back