Adding loft lighting

There is an airing cupboard, yes. There's no sockets in the cupboard itself, but there is a double socket on the other side of the wall in a bedroom. I suppose I could take a spur off this, through the wall and run a cable up some conduit inside the cupboard into the loft.
Indeed - and you wouldn't necessarily even need conduit.
If I did this, would I be able to install a socket in the loft, plus fit a 3A FCU for a lift light? Can I do both off a single spur?
Yes - as you've been told, provided there is a 13A FCU before you get to the loft socket, you can connect anything you like to that socket feed (your 3A FCU, further sockets or whatever).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
ok, so I add a 13A FCU in the boiler cupboard, run a 2.5mm2 twin & earth up into the loft to a double socket...

For light(s), do I spur a 3A FCU off the double socket, or off the original 13A FCU?

Thanks

ok, so I add a 13A FCU in the boiler cupboard, run a 2.5mm2 twin & earth up into the loft to a double socket... For light(s), do I spur a 3A FCU off the double socket, or off the original 13A FCU?
Either - so long it is on the 'load side' of the 13A FCU, it doesn't matter where you connect the other FCU - I would imagine that it would be more convenient to connect to the socket in the loft, if that's where the socket will be.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back