Loft - Party Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've almost exchanged / completed on our new home (1935 semi) now, the surveyor picked up that there is not much if any of a party wall in the loft between us and our neighbour, which is obviously a fire hazard and no good for security.

I've done a quick search on the site (not working too great) about this and cant find any info.

How easy is it to construct a small wall up there? What materials would i require?? Just for you info i've never built any kind of wall!! :oops:
Thats all the info i have at the moment as we've not got the hosue yet.

Thanks for anyhelp whatsoever.

Paul

Sponsored Links
it would make sense to build the wall out of lightweight blocks, easier to cut and easier to handle.

a denser block will give better acoustic protection.

make sure you have a ligitimate agreement with the neighbour regarding the party wall.

This (look at option 2) is just as good as a brick or block party wall as far as fire protection goes and it's a lot easier to install

Sponsored Links
Roofer said:
This (look at option 2) is just as good as a brick or block party wall as far as fire protection goes and it's a lot easier to install

Thanks for that, it doesnt look very secure though, possibly to stop neighbours wandering through! :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back