Loft Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to replace one of the two circular water tanks in my loft. Its very tight for space, the old tub can be "collasped" to get it out through the trusses and loft hatch. It was fairly easy to remove.
Its a Ivanhoe 25-30 gallon type - house built about 1970.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a soft plastic type circular tank. I have spoken to Polytank, they say I must not bend there's.
I have looked at a Titan one, the size is ok but - it seems a little tough ?

Any ideas would be helpful ?

Many thanks
Stoyer

Sponsored Links
Although not a specific answer to your question it may help....

I had the entire CH system replaced recently and previously had no components in the loft. The hatch was too small for the tanks to go up there and so I increased it in size.

It wasn't too hard for an amateur - even with some very old ceiling plaster. I had to cut back several laths, add in new studs between the joists, make good the plaster and construct a new hatch. As a result I've got a decent sized hatch, which is well insulated and more attractive - and more importantly I could have the right size cold water tank for the house/usage.

Being me I'd go with SW, but remember you can always use two tanks and join them (if you do it right).

Sponsored Links
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies, retailer has let me take the Titan to try it in place.

Will let you know how I shape up.

May end up with two new rectangular ones ?

Whats the Byelaw kit all about ?

Cheers
Stoyer

Stoyer said:
Hi All,

the Byelaw kit all about ?

Cheers
Stoyer
Keeping dead rats out of the water you brush your teeth in :mad: :eek:

The Byelaw kit also provides:

1. A dip tube to prevent debris from blocking the warning pipe;
2. Lagging, to keep the temperature of the water below hazardous temperatures..

Softus said:
...Lagging, to keep the temperature of the water below hazardous temperatures..

To keep it cooler in a hot loft? hadn't thought of that.

JohnD said:
To keep it cooler in a hot loft? hadn't thought of that.
Most people think the lagging is to prevent the water freezing, but it ain't. It's all in the Water Regs. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back