Log Burner on Floating Wood Floor

Sponsored Links
Okay that’s makes sense. Thanks very much. It’s a 1970s house and the concrete foundations seem really solid and no signs of subsidence so I’m guessing the solid concrete base might be overkill.

Thanks again. That’s really helpful.
Sorry, just re-read your original & subsequent posts and I am now under the impression you are going to build a brick or block chimney breast, 3+ meter high, in which you will insert the log burner on top of an existing floor of T & G boards or chipboard. If that is the case then I agree with the first guy that you need a cast concrete base underneath it.

There’s nothing there currently and we’re building a tall chimney breast to house it.
Built a faux fireplace at my previous home, fire board above brickwork and then plastered.Used yorkstone for hearth.

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpeg
    IMG_0752.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links
If you are building a proper fireplace then yes, you will need the right foundation under it

If that is the case then I agree with the first guy that you need a cast concrete base underneath it.

We may need to reconsider the construction to lighten the load a bit but either way it’s going to be a lot of weight in one area so it needs some decent support. Thanks.

If you are building a proper fireplace then yes, you will need the right foundation under it

Totally agreed. Thats why I was asking for advice on which method was best from the options we’ve been given.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back