Log Cabin Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be ordering my log cabin soon which is 4 meter x 3 meter. Been revising variable options for a base but have come up with one what I prefer to do if it is ok. I am going to buy 8 post holders in the link, then dig 8 holes 2ft deep fill mainly with hardcore and sand then whack down. Then put 100 mm of concrete on top let set then screw post holder to concrete the . After that cut 8 piece of 3 x 3 timber and place in posts then cut lengths of 4 x 1 and screw to post to make base, then sit log cabin on that. Would this base be ok ?

Sponsored Links
It will depend on the ground you are going to be constructing on and the size of the holes? You said two foot deep but how wide?

Going to be ordering my log cabin soon which is 4 meter x 3 meter. Been revising variable options for a base but have come up with one what I prefer to do if it is ok. I am going to buy 8 post holders in the link, then dig 8 holes 2ft deep fill mainly with hardcore and sand then whack down. Then put 100 mm of concrete on top let set then screw post holder to concrete the . After that cut 8 piece of 3 x 3 timber and place in posts then cut lengths of 4 x 1 and screw to post to make base, then sit log cabin on that. Would this base be ok ?

Seems to be the best way forward....

It will depend on the ground you are going to be constructing on and the size of the holes? You said two foot deep but how wide?

Was thinking 2ft x 2ft wide, would putting lfags on top of concrete help anymore, also could I just concrete in the posts or would the post holders be best option ?

Sponsored Links
2X2?
2x2 foot?
It's quite a big structure
I would personal dig footings.
Yes 2ft x 2ft. Say I use 8 post supports then use 4inch x 4inch timber in the supports with 4 inch x 1 inch around the posts surely this should be enought to support the cabin ? The post would be 1 meter roughly apart on concrete, does this sound ok, want to order the material and get going.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back