Logic Code Combi es - are they any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dad having a new CH system installed in a rental flat to replace existing electric storage heating. There is no gas at present to the property, but that is being sorted by gas company (think the pipe to the gas meter has been capped at the meter and the meter removed!).

The tenant who lives in the property has got a deal to have a logic code combi es boiler (not sure on size) installed, along with a number of heaters, hot water tank etc under the energy company's obligation. ( aka free boiler grant).

Question is, should my dad push to get a different boiler under the scheme (even if it means paying something towards it) or go with the logic?

To note, that tenant is getting the work done, with approval from my dad (the landlord).

Sponsored Links
why are they installing a hot water tank in a flat with a combi ? how many bathrooms does the flat have ?

Its some kind of crazy world where a private landlord gets an foc boiler on behalf of his tenant.

Sponsored Links
The boiler isnt something my dad wanted as getting it maintained, checked and serviced will end up being his responsibility to organize (esp as there are no other gas appliances or even a connection in the property) and pay for, but is allowing the tenant to install it to give them the choice of gas vs electric.

the boilers good. for free its great. make sure the quality of the install is checked as these scheemes tend to have very poor quality work. Companies thend to have the atitude of its free for you so you should be happy even when the works really bad.

I can understand why he's reluctant.

Having a free boiler and heating system fitted to a rental flat and getting it done at the tax payers expense would annoy anyone!!

How long would I have to rent my house out for before I qualify for a free boiler? I'll be 65 in a few years so maybe I'll qualify then.

Don't come on her asking questions like that OP. You will be shot down in flames.

This countries gone to the frigg en dogs with landlords getting ANYTHING for free.

Don't give a to55 what position the tenants in. They don't own the property. Your old man does.

I hate being in the pi55taking industry now I really do

Don't come on her asking questions like that OP. You will be shot down in flames.

This countries gone to the frigg en dogs with landlords getting ANYTHING for free.

Don't give a to55 what position the tenants in. They don't own the property. Your old man does.

I hate being in the pi55taking industry now I really do
What OPH said.

Come on chaps, you telling me you'd turn it down if you were in that situation??

Of course not.

Just because you don't agree with the grant, doesn't mean you should get the ar5e with the guy.

Come on chaps, you telling me you'd turn it down if you were in that situation??

Of course not.

Just because you don't agree with the grant, doesn't mean you should get the ar5e with the guy.
I didn't get arsed with OPH!

Last edited:
its the governments way of sorting energy efficient systems but really they can't even get that right , most time they are the opposite of energy efficient, especially how badly there installed as well . so really you will be paying for it anyway

Let's be clear. The Government doesn't fund this. We do its added to everyone's bill. I think landlords should pay the money back, if they can't a ford to change the boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back