Logic Combi ESP1 35 pressure dial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My boiler is working fine, no errors ect, however the pressure dial doesn’t increase. Seems to be stuck around 0 most of the time.

Before I get a plumber out does anyone know of a common fault that I might be able to resolve myself? I’ve attached a picture of the dial and the current valve setup.

To pressurise I turn the two blue valves - this makes the sound of water flowing but the dial doesn’t move.

There’s a bronze cap of some sort outside which the pipe pictured leads to - that leaks water when I turn the blue valves (no idea if that’s correct!?)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 50181222-3F13-452C-80A0-E963E0C1586A.jpeg
    50181222-3F13-452C-80A0-E963E0C1586A.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 4A91EDA6-DFBA-4B7B-962A-B5B74A0E8029.jpeg
    4A91EDA6-DFBA-4B7B-962A-B5B74A0E8029.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 0F454796-56C1-4653-9369-AE2998C44E41.jpeg
    0F454796-56C1-4653-9369-AE2998C44E41.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
1. If the "Bronze cap" is actually a right angled (or similar) copper pipe elbow, it is almost certainly the termination of the pressure relief valve.
2. The boiler has a pressure relief valve(PRV) designed to open at 3 bar pressure and let excess pressure go safely outside.
3. If it is is leaking as soon as the filling loop (two blue valves at each end of pipe looping from cold mains in to boiler return) it suggests the pressure relief valve is faulty, and the boiler will never pressurise correctly.
4. I'd suggest you get the boiler looked at be a Gas Safe registered engineer, with a view to replacing the PRV.

You could have over pressurised the system, hence why the pressure relief valve has operated (prv - to copper pipe outside). I’d say you have a bit of grit or detritus on the gauge copper, which happens on dirty systems, which is likely why the gauge isn’t moving.

Sponsored Links
If the PRV was faulty and leaking continually then the boiler would eventually stop and give F1 error code. The pressure gauges do get blocked but also fail completely. You say the boiler is working OK but how old is it and when was it last serviced properly. If it does start to give strange faults like a clicking noise or not cycling as it normally did it could be other problems that need attention. I tend to agree with CBW that you simply have a problem with the pressure gauge that could wait until your next service

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back